TERMS AND CONDITIONS / CANCELLATION
EVENTS, WEDDINGS or LARGER FUNCTIONS or SHORT TERMS STAYS
1. NO UNAUTHORIZED EVENTS — There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. If you are hosting a private event, full disclosure must be made at the time of booking. The Sea Lion reserves the right to charge an additional $4,000 for any unauthorized event.
2. Unless otherwise stated CHECK IN 4:00 P.M. | CHECK OUT 11:00 A.M. Special exceptions may apply for Events, Weddings or Larger Functions to accomidate delivery, set up or travel. This will be agreed upon when booking is confirmed.
3. The Sea Lion or its agent has the right to refuse entry or evict persons who do not comply with these rules.
4. This is a NON SMOKING house. You will forfeit the full amount of the Damage Deposit if any occupants or invited guests smoke in the house or use illicit drugs.
5. PETS are allowed under certain conditions. Please review our Pet Policy and additional refundable 250.00 pet deposit will be charged per pet.
6. DAMAGE DEPOSIT - A damage deposit is required 30 days prior to your arrival. The damage deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within 5 business daysof departure, provided the following provisions are met: A. No damage is done to unit or contents. B. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. C. No reports of unauthorized partying are received. D. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. E. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure. F. No linens are lost or damaged.
7. PAYMENTS/FEE STRUCTURE —EVENTS OR WEDDING an advance payment equal to 50% of the total rental rate is due immediately to secure booking. Second payment of the final 50% remaining balance is due 90 days prior to all bookings. The $3000 Damage Deposit is due 30 days prior to all bookings.
9. CANCELLATIONS — EVENTS, WEDDINGS OR LARGE FUNCTIONS (including accommodations) - Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 90 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made with less 90 days of check-in.
CANCELLATIONS - SHORT TERM: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 60 days away a 50% refund will be issued.
10. Owner has the right to cancel booking 30 days prior to booking date with full refund of all fees paid to date.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY — the maximum number of overnight guests up to 16 at The Sea Lion is limited to the number of persons agreed at time of contract. Any changes to this must be approved in writing prior to check in. additional charge or $100 per person per night for will be charged for all unlisted guests in addition to contract.
12. MINIMUM STAY - This property may require a three (3) night minimum stay.
14. CLEANING — our expectation is that the house is to be left as it was when you arrived, including kitchen, appliances, toilets and barbecue grill. The fee for cleaning that is added is for a basic cleaning of the house interior. This fee does not cover any cleaning of the exterior of the property. If the house and grounds are not in satisfactory condition at the time of inspection, there will be an EXTRA cleaning fee on top of the $950 and extra cleaning fee of $1500 for functions at the time of inspection and will be deducted from the Damage Deposit.
15. DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE—linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service are not included in the rental rate. This service is available at an additional rate and must be requested at the time of booking. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home. No littering of any kind is allowed on the Property.
16. SMOKING—All smoking must be designated to one outdoor area not less the 10ft away from any windows and doors. If the occupants wish to smoke on the Property, windproof ashtrays must be provided by the occupants for their guests and all cigarette butts must be safely disposed of at the end of your stay.
17. RATE CHANGES — Rates subject to change without notice.
18. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS —any reservation obtained under false pretense where the use of the Property has been misrepresented or the number of occupants and guests exceeds the original booking without written approval, will be subject to forfeiture of Advance Payment, Damage Deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
19. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS —any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
20. PARKING — Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road outside of the main gate is STRICTLY not permitted. All illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner and if any fines are given to the Sea Lion or its agent, the same will be deducted and from the Damage Deposit.
21. HOT TUB — No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tubs at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening.
22. Fires — There are NO beach fires from June 1— September 15. Due to the extreme heat. If it is determined that there were beach fires without approval or instruction, the damage deposit will be forfeit. (Restrictions are enforced by gov Canada - some acceptations my apply)
23. CHILDREN— all children that are occupants or invited guests must be supervised at all times.
24. The occupants and their guests assume full legal responsibility for the use of the Property as a whole and waive any and all claim for damages, liability, or negligence on behalf of the landlord or their Agent.
25. No event noise outside 10:30. All events must be wrapped up by 11:00pm due to local bylaw. Some exception may apply
26. Rules and policies (“Standards”) are subject to revision at any time without notice to the Client. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform themselves of the current Standards.
27. The Sea Lion Estate expects our Clients to get their own event insurance with min 5Million liability, special event permit, liquor license or anything else required to hold their event at the Property.
28 - For any Event, Wedding or Large Function over 20+ people not incuding standard oppcupancy of The Sea Lion a waiste managment solution must be agreed upon, such as a porto-potty or additional washrooms facility.
29 - A licences event or wedding planner will be mandatory for all weddings and or events outside of standard occupancy.
PLEASE NOTE - The Sea Lion Estate will require a signed and dated copy of the Terms and Conditions. Once reservation has been confirmed an email to include a PDF of the terms and coinditions will be sent directly to our guest and we require it to be signed and returned to us within 48 hours to ensure bokking is confirmed.
CANCELLATIONS - Events, Weddings or Large Functions - Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 60 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 60 days of check-in.
CANCELLATIONS - SHORT TERM: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the check-in date is at least 30 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 14 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made within 14 days of check-in.
This policy applies to The Sea Lion Estate and or The Owls Nest Guest House.
The Sea Lion reserves the right to cancel any bookings within 30 days of a scheduled booking and to provide a full refund of all monies paid by the client to the date of cancellation.